A while ago I was looking for some wireless earbuds for my Pixel 3a and Lenovo laptop. I found the galaxy buds on the Samsung website. After that, I watched youtube video reviews on them along with reading reviews online. Most of the reviews said that they were good earbuds.
I really wanted Apple Airpod Pros but they were over double the price at $250(at the time).
So I ordered the Galaxy Buds on Amazon for about $105 and like most Amazon orders(Pre-Corona) they came within a few days. I took them out of the box and connected them to my Google Pixel 3. After I ordered, Samsung came out with the Galaxy Buds+ which have better call quality, battery life and new colors(red and blue). Still, no active noise canceling.
- Included Components: Ear Buds, Charging Case, Replacement Eargels And Ear Wings
- Compatible Phone Models: Universal
- Exactly what you want to hear. Galaxy Buds+ are the perfect fitting earbuds to isolate you from distracting noises, so you can stay focused on what you want. And if you’d like to filter in some of the outside world to be more in-tune with your surroundings, you can switch on Ambient Aware2. Hear flight annozments, oncoming traffic or your order number while still enjoying your favorite playlist or podcast.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- 22 hours of serious sound. Get up to 11 hours of nonstop music on a single charge, then pop your Galaxy Buds+ in the wireless charging case and get nearly 11 more. Forgot to charge them the night before, No worries. 3 minutes of charging gives you one hour of play time, so you have enough juice for your commute or workout.
- Your voice, loud and clear. Ensure you’re heard clearly. A dedicated internal and two external microphones pick up your voice and isolate it from outside noises. When you’re on a call, your voice comes through richly and confidently, even in noisy locations.
- Android and iOS compatible. Pair with smart devices via Bluetooth. Use the Galaxy Wearable app on Android and Galaxy Buds+ app on iOS to make the most of your earphones.
- Included Components: 3 Size Eargel. Battery Capacity (Case) 270 mAh
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
While trying to set them up my phone said that I would need to get some apps so that I can connect them and change what they sound like(EQ) also some other things you could change(Ambient). I looked in the box to see what they came with and they came with extra silicone ear tips that help them stay in your ear and they came in three different sizes: small, medium, and large. After I connected them to my phone I spent some time trying to get them to fit in my ear how they are supposed to and I also needed a mirror so that I could see how they are. A few days after trying to put them in correctly I could do it in about 3 seconds with no mirror. The sound quality was really good and they could still be connected to your phone if you were about 100 feet away(with Bluetooth 5). They also come in different colors like white, black, and silver which had a glow in the middle and is the color that I got.
They also have touch response(touchpad) if you tap it once it would pause whatever you are watching, two taps would skip whatever you are watching, and three taps would accept or end a call. They do not have active noise cancellation but when I was wearing them and someone would try to talk to me I had a hard time hearing what they were saying. I would say they have decent passive noise cancellation if you get a tight fit in your ear.
For less than half the price of Airpod Pros, I think Galaxy Buds are worth the money.