I was browsing Kickstarter the other day checking out some of the cool geeky and tech ideas people are implementing when I came across the Konnected Alarm Panel.
“Revive Your Wired Alarm System: Connect your existing wired alarm system to a smart home security system using SmartThings or Home Assistant. No more monthly fees!”
Currently, I have an openHab based Home Automation system connected to my DSC Alarm. This required the purchase of a $110 EnvisaLink EVL-4. One big con of the Envisalink is it only has Ethernet. I tried running it off of a wifi to ethernet bridge for awhile but it would lose connection frequently and eventually I had to bite the bullet and run an ethernet cable. I was able to do this myself, but if I had not been able to it would have cost me additional money to have a professional run it.
- STAY CONNECTED: EnvisaLink 4 will allow you to receive text and email messages as well as control your Honeywell Vista and DSC security systems through the internet.
- SMARTPHONE COMPATIBLE: The EnvisaLink 4 also provides access through a virtual keypad using an iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
- FULLY UPGRADEABLE: As new features become available, the EvisaLink 4 is easily upgraded over the network and automatically keeps itself up to date.
- BROWSER AND VOIP FRIENDLY: It allows you to view the status of and even control your alarm panel through a standard web-browser or smart-phone. VOIP Friendly.
- PANEL COMPATIBILITY: Honeywell Vista Panels (Vista20P, 21iP, 15P, 10P, 128, and 250.) DSC PowerSeries (1555, 1555 MX, 1575, 5010 (832), 5020 (864), 1616, 1832, 1864). Compatible with Alexa.
Last update on 2024-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Right away, one advantage of the Konnected Alarm Panel is it uses WiFi. Their concept is so simple it is genius, remove your existing Alarm Panel and connect the sensor wires to Konnected.
I really like that this is based on the NodeMCU – ESP8266. As you know we use this in out WiFi Garage Door and it has been rock solid! https://www.wemustbegeeks.com/esp8266-nodemcu-wifi-iot-garage-door-opener-relay-with-cayenne/
I think I will let the Konnected Creator, Nate Clark tell you about it himself:
Right now in order to use your will need either a Samsung Smart Things or your Home Assistant install(free open source). What, no openHAB support??!?! I know, I already yelled at Nate about this and this is something we’ll both work together to make happen.
No products found.
Right now I am thinking the Konnected Alarm Panel and a Smartthings will be a great present for my inlaws. For them, I need to Keep It Simple and this will be a great combo.!
We’ll have our hands on an early version of the Konnected Alarm Panel and will update this post after we install it.
Konnected already has this installed in 500 homes and are now looking to expand production via a Kickstarter which ends in just a few days. Go ahead and check out their Kickstarter campaign!